Monday 11 March 2013

Cheating?


 Hey guys, so sorry have been MIA for awhile, schoolwork has been crazy, so to make up for all that, am going to be posting two stories today....Yaay!!!! So let's get started, first of all I want to talk about something I was thinking about.

I was talking to a friend of mine and she just found out her boyfriend had been asking for naked pictures from girls and has also been sexting them....I didn't even know Nigerians knew about sexting and she was really upset, so I was just trying to calm her down, and I asked her what she wants to do now with the relationship, because the boy has cheated on her once, and she shocked me when she said she was going to take the boy back and I reminded her about the other time he cheated, and she said something that baffled me and still does, she said at least he didn't have sex with the girls this time around, and that she didn't count the sexting and the nude pictures as cheating, she was only upset because she didn't know why her boyfriend didn't find her attractive again and he felt the need to ask for nude pictures from other girls.

This got me thinking that what do people now classify as cheating, because its like the lines and definition of cheating has been blurred, like I know I should not judge because people have different circumstances, but to me cheating involves my boyfriend kissing another girl, sexting, asking for nude pictures, it doesn't even have to involve sex, as far as you are thinking of another girl and then you start acting upon it...that's cheating, even if its a drunken kiss...why should a boy get so drunk, he doesn't know when a girl is kissing him.

Then this also got me thinking that how many times does a boy have to cheat on a girl, before she ends the relationship. I can remember when I used to tell my friends that a boy just has one strike and he's out but then I started reconsidering my decision when my friend's boyfriend cheated on her and she was so heartbroken, like the guy was dating the other babe for like a year, bought her everything she asked for and how my friend found out was because the other babe would call her and taunt her, then the boy broke it off, and that was like two years ago and my friend's relationship is back on track and they seem really happy.

This made me start thinking that maybe guys can actually change but then I feel like the trust would be no more there and it takes a while for it to be built again but I believe if the two people involved are ready, it might take time but it can be built again.

But I believe there are times that it's very obvious in some cheating situations when you should end it with the guy, even if it's his first time, like when a friend of mine was living in London with her boyfriend and then the boy went to Nigeria to visit, and two months after he got back to London, the boy tells her he got someone pregnant in Nigeria....my friend was heartbroken but she stuck with the boy and I was wondering why but it was not my place to tell her what to do, even though they are still together, the boy is now a repeat offender.

So those are my thoughts....so what do you guys think about cheating, what's cheating to you and how many strikes can a guy/girl get before he or she's out? Would love to hear your thoughts.
 

7 comments:

  1. Well. I'm a believer in second chances. People do and can change and yes it takes a long while before things can get back on track. Its painful and sad but it all depends on the guy's reaction in the sense that some guys aren't even sorry at all and don't even make an attempt to hide the fact they are cheating.
    Asides from that. Its so hard not to cheat or be cheated on these days. Sexy hot YELLOW girls with short skirts and cleavage everywhere begging even after being refused.
    I'm not saying its ok to cheat. I'm just saying its much more difficult not to these days. However we all need to work on discipline and know when to let go of a non fruitful relationship tho.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really abhor d cheating thing sha. Dere's always a high chance of if he did it once...he might do it again. Coincidentally, someone asked me 4 advise about some pictures she saw of her boyfriend grinding wif another girl? Do u guys think dats cheating too? I tink it is but I dnt wanna b biased cos am a beliver of loyalty 2 d core. Wat dyu think?
    Tarri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm. I'm of the believe that 90% of men cheat. Naturally, women can be way more disciplined. Guys get 'moved' physically easily and it usually takes a whole lot of will power to turn away.
    Also, when guys cheat, most times its a physical thing that means absolutely nothing. I've come to accept that little UNFAIR truth. I don't search his fones for what I don't want to see or ask too many questions. I just ignore and 'triumph' that he comes back home to me and he does everything he can to shield his habits from me.... mimi

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds really sad @mimi... I remember when I used to check my ex's phone a lot and we would always argue over the things I saw.
    It's really not healthy and there should be trust; but do you know what scares the heck out of me?
    I knew someone, ok, let me just be extremely honest, I was attracted to a guy who was already in a deeply committed relationship and he lived with her so that's how deep it was and yet he was so willing to play around.
    I'm telling you that this guy was so slick! He would delete texts and anything that could implicate him before he got home, he would omit things from whatever he told her when she called him. He could come up with the most believable things... that seriously scared the heck out of me 'cause it's a whole different level of things!
    It got me thinking that you can live with someone you love and won't lie, but he will omit things and do all sorts and clean his tracks so checking his phone isn't even an indicator.

    That aside, I don't support cheating but we're all human and we all have our own weaknesses. Sometimes you may not intend to cheat and it just happens, don't ask me how. Unfortunately, kissing someone else is also part of cheating...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, I forgot to add that people should have the wisdom to know when there's no point in giving someone numerous chances after being cheated on... Really, by the second strike, the guy/girl should be out.
    I believe once you cheat it's a mistake but the second time is a choice.

    I didn't know Nigerians knew about sexting either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I believe in second chances very true, can i give one? am not sure maybe when i get to the bridge amma cross it but if the person is sincere then i believe in second chances. In relationships forgiveness is key unless relationship wouldnt stand the test of time and i must also say many people after entering a relationship free those things dat attracted them to their bf or gf in the first place..... Toby21

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bliv dat 99.9percent of guys cheat...my own is dat he shud sha giv me dat respect by nt lettn me find out bout it...d bliv of 99.9percent of guys cheat,is d beginning of wisdom"

    ReplyDelete