Tuesday 26 August 2014

What is Love?




 Hello my darlings!!! Welcome to another Wednesday and another post. So today am bringing out the big guns, am talking about love. Yeah it's a diary about my single life but I got asked a question by a friend and I thought I should discuss it on the blog.

So I was talking to my friends over the weekend and one of them asked the question, what is love to you? I know love is defined by people as an indescribable feeling you have for someone blah blah, but what happens when the feeling starts to dim or starts to become describable...what would keep that feeling of love ablaze?

As I was pondering on the question, I finally got an answer and love to me is trust and respect, I think those are the two things that would keep me going in a relationship even when the butterflies don't flutter as much. Trust is very important to me and I think it's the stronghold of a relationship, a man would show me that he loves me by trusting me and in me, and also vice versa. A guy that is in love with me should know that I would not let him down and I have his back, he can let his fears, vulnerabilities and insecurities show when he's with me because he trusts me enough to see that and be that way with me. 

Also when am in love with someone, I give them 100% of everything because I trust them enough to know they won't mess around, cheat or break my heart. Trust is so important to me that I don't know if I can ever stay in a relationship if the trust is broken, I know friends that have been cheated on and stayed, and their relationship has come out stronger..so kudos to that commitment,  because it can't be easy.

Love to me is also respect, knowing that I respect someone enough to let them have their dreams, gals, ambitions, opinions and views on life issues without having them feel like they have to compromise because of me. Also someone that loves me should respect me enough not to cheat or make me look like a fool, because boys nowadays can make a girl look crazy. Respect the boundaries we create and know when to let go and when to hold me down..that sounds like a song lyrics lool

What irks me about boys that cheat apart from the fact that they think it's impossible to not cheat which we all know is bullshit, because God didn't create you with a cheating gene, is the lack of disrespect they have for their girlfriends. If you know you want to have side chicks and your girlfriend decides to stay with you despite that, then at least show her some respect by keeping the side chics in line and respecting the girlfriend's boundaries..don't ever make her look like a fool.

Love means different things to people and it's expressed differently. My friends had different answers, someone said love is passion and commitment, while another said love is pain and decision, which i loved because the pain part is soo true. And there's no right or wrong answer, it's how love is seen and defined by people.

So to you my blog fam, in two words describe what love means to you.  Can't wait to read your views in the comment section. Hp you have a great week, be blessed and remain safe xoxo.

11 comments:

  1. Love is commitment
    Love is honesty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love is happiness
    Love is forever
    .....
    Sola

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love is giving 'ALL' you are :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love is a really scary thing, n u never know what's going to happen. It's one of d most beautiful things in life, but it's one of d most terrifying. It's worth the fear becos u have more knowledge, experience, you learn from people n u have memories. Like they say "LOVE IS A SERIOUS MENTAL DISEASE"..:)Kemi.G

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love is sacrifice to me! To sacrify a piece of you, in order to allow a piece of someone else to blend it with you and become one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love makes you vunerable. Its a necessary evil.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love is bittersweet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the comment "Love is friendship" and "love is a necessary evil". Only Psychopaths don't know how to love as a result, they don't crave love. To love and be loved is awesome and for that reason alone, I don't mind risking pain and making a decision to love.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love is giving in. Problem is that we,as human beings, do not seem too keen on it. I enjoyed your blog , will come back again :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. As humans, the issue of trust is undeniable so basing love on trust for me is out of the equation...

    Love for me is simply that foolish choice you make to ACCEPT and BELIEVE in him or her no matter what happens.

    ReplyDelete