Sunday 24 February 2013

The Friend's Ex

 Hey guys, hope you had a great weekend...mine was just there. Thanks for all the comments, keep them coming. So yesterday night, I was thinking about something that I would like to share with you guys...

 Before I moved to Birmingham, I met this really cool guy called Bolaji at a party, I was outside when he and his friend also came outside and I knew his friend, so he introduced us and three of us started talking, I really had fun with Bolaji that night, he made me laugh so hard, so we exchanged numbers and bb pins. From that night on, Bolaji and I became really close, called each other almost every minute, we also spent every minute together. I was really happy and excited, I actually thought he could be the one....I know I always think every boy is the one abi.

Then it came crashing down.....as it always does....Bolaji and I went to an eatery and as we were playing and laughing with each other, I noticed his face changed, and I looked up, a babe had just entered the eatery and it was Bimpe, a friend of mine that I had been really close but we had drifted apart, we really didn't talk again but I missed her friendship, so I stood up to hug her and Bolaji just stood up and walked away....I was confused at this point.

So I went to meet Bolaji and I was asking what was wrong, he said nothing but on our way home, he asked how I knew Bimpe, and I told him how we had really been close but how some issues caused a rift but we were cool now....and I asked if he knew her and he said Bimpe was the babe he had told me about....I remembered Bolaji had told me about his last girlfriend who had cheated on him....and my heart started sinking....I can't date Bolaji, he is my friend's ex boyfriend.

Then Bimpe called me that night when I got home and started asking questions of life, like am I dating Bolaji and stuff like that and I told no but we liked each other, she started crying and reminded me of the guy she told me about, the one she had been trying to get back and could not stop thinking about....yh Bolaji....I kept asking myself how I didn't connect the dots.

To cut the long story of life short...I started to keep away from Bolaji and when I could not hold off his calls again, I told him I could not date him because he was my friend's ex....he didn't understand but he accepted it. We stopped talking and Bimpe nd I's friendship got back on track. Not dating Bolaji was and still is one of the most heart wrenching decisions I ever had to make and I regret it almost everyday.

The irony of this story is that Bolaji and Bimpe are engaged....yeah they started dating few months after I left him....Bimpe really tried to win him back and she did. Am very happy for them or at least as happy as I can be. So I was thinking yesterday, could Bolaji have been the one and did I lose him because of the 'girl code'....'never date your friend's ex'.

So I want to ask you guys, can you date your friend's ex boyfriend and, is dating him right or wrong? Also to remind you, that you can send your stories to adejumokesijuwade@gmail.com

8 comments:

  1. Well its a nutty one babe...But maybe if u had dated Bolaji it might not have worked out and u might loose ur friend...Please don't be one of those who subscribe to d fact dat U have just one person God has created for us...He has given us varieties to choose from...So u can be sure if Bolaji has left,d best can sure be on d way...And please stop been bitter about ur decision and just be happy for ur friend as u have been...In my own opinion u are a wonderful person atleast since I met U...

    Tobiloba.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BlogQueenDébutante24 February 2013 at 16:22

    Yayyyyy!!!! I'm the first to comment!
    Ok, first of all... I don't think Bolaji was the one for you, otherwise he would have kept on trying to win you back!
    Secondly, I'm a bit iffy on the don't date your friend's ex... You never know where you'll find love and you could be hindering yourself from happiness. My friend's done it to me a long time ago, and it bothered me but I guess it also depends on how close you are with the friend and what the relationship was like. So there's no prescription answer for you except go with your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wot u did wz very gud,cos if u had continued wif Bolaji n u pple had gone far,dia's no aw BJ n bimpe cud b seein each oda behind,n u wud't know..and wch will b more painful wen u now get to kno.wise decision babe...'TAYO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its a gud thing u did. N bdw, n bolaji is nt ur guy, so dnt think u made a mistake. God has given u a guy, n He knws d ryt time to connect d both of u. N d dnt "date ur friend's ex" ish, I dnt believe in it cuz d guy myt b 4 u!!! In summary, wear ur 3D glasses, grab ur pop corn n watch d miracles n wonders God wld perform in ur life!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this part of Tobiloba's comment "Please don't be one of those who subscribe to d fact dat U have just one person God has created for us...He has given us varieties to choose from..." I agree with that... And no, I don't believe in dating your friend's ex especially if it didn't end well or if you both are/were close. Good choice btw! Be happy for her please. I'm certain it could be difficult but just believe in the best. You'll get yours soon enough.

    Rolake.

    ReplyDelete
  6. M nt sure y dis quests popped in2 y head bt wat if u became frnds wt d girl afta u knew d guy, does d code apply?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ermmmmmmm...about the code thingy,I think it depends on how close u r to ur friend and how deep in love u r wit d dude.
    The fact that he is happy wit her shows he was not all dat into u.
    His loss.

    Deedee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello my friend! I need to say that this short article is great, excellent written and contain about all vital infos.

    I would like to see far more posts like this .

    Feel free to surf to my webpage; healthy weight loss foods tumblr

    ReplyDelete