Wednesday 10 April 2013

Does Size Really Matter?



 Hello blogfam, hope you guys are having a great week...all am doing is counting down to my birthday. Am sure i can guess what went through your minds when you guys saw the topic but its not that thing.

So I have been hanging out with Mr S for quite a bit now....just figuring out stuff and having fun. On one sunny day that I was in his house, we were with his friends and we were just gisting about stuff, when a friend of his got back from the gym and the gist turned to weight matters....instantly the convo became awkward for me, the guy was talking about how he saw some fat girls at the gym, and then all the boys started talking about they can't date fat girls and stuff, then Mr S decided to make the convo more awkward by talking about an ex-girlfriend that went from a size 10 to size 14 and was hiding it from him....i knew he was not saying it to hurt me but I still felt hurt.

This convo was awkward because am a size 16, so I see myself as a 'plus' size and then the guy I like is saying that a size 14 is too fat...I have actually been working on my weight since I got to Jand and am actually two dress sizes down but because of the awkward convo, I decided to increase my exercise classes, so I went for a two hour session and I have not recovered.....my body is killing me, I cant even talk or laugh....thats hw serious the pain is....all because of man *smh*

So while rolling on my bed in pain, I started thinking does size really matter? like skinny and slim is the new sexy.......so are they saying fat girls are not sexy and cant find love abi? I have actually had boys tell me they cant date me because of my weight, it has made me depressed but also resolute to embark on a weight loss program....its not for the boy but for my health and also to feel better about myself.

I dont think size should ever matter in relationship, yes you can encourage the person to lose weight for their health but never make the person feel inadequate or unloved because of their size, I have actually had friends that their boyfriends have broken up with them because they gained a little bit of weight. I understand boys have specs but trust me physical features are not everything in a relationship. I think you should be able to love someone for their personality and not for their body size or shape.

So am writing to you guys from my bed, still in serious pain because I wanted to go from Size 16 to 14 overnight *sigh*......I dont know who sent me. I just want everyone to embrace their bodies and be grateful to God for what they have. If you want to lose weight, do it for your well-being and health, not for anyone else.

So what do you guys think....does size really matter?





12 comments:

  1. Size doesn't matter. That doesn't mean u shud become obesed.
    U shud loved the way u are!!
    N if u want to reduce ur weight, do it cos u want to not because one tok made u uncomfortable

    ReplyDelete
  2. The size doesn't matter if the love is true,real and genuine. That's why we have to love for who the person is and not what he/she is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds funny to me sha, but one advice if his into slim girls he wont change bcos of you, so its better to go out with someone dat would appreciate you... trust me has much has relationships are not only about physical appearances it plays a serious role..
    P.S: a colleague of mine reading your blog said you should try add pictures to put life n spark to the blog..

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dnt change for anybody, (if u want to change, change for the beta) n bdw some guys even appraci8 fat, fleshy babes dan skinny ones!!! So relax, feel gud abt urself,do things dat makes u feel beta, av fun n enjoy life...YOLO!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. The body/size doesn't marra @ all...the big deal is what's in d package. Ur good body cn gt u a nice partner bt trust me, its ur attitude dt wld make him stay or run....nd mind u some of us like our chicks thick n curvy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loooool. Size matters ... Ugly truth. But what pisses me the fuck off is when I see average guys I.e medium height, shaving bumps or pimple paradise, slight pot belly and no money self saying my girl must have mad shape. Who gave you the right to choose??? Guys seem to forget that being imperfect (physically) is a two way thing. I see some guys talkk and I'm like 'wonders see this one too is talking'. As I'm orobo like this it gets to me smtimes but honestly there r some guys out there that I would have to be PAID lots and lots of money to date yet I try not to judge!... Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Of which I'm predicting in a few weeks the next jerk would be MR S! He sounds like an ass to me. That convo shd never have happend and if his frnds knew HE liked u, they won't ever start up stuff like that esp when u were there. Mim7

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday Jumoke,LLNP.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Him discussing dat with you around might b his way of saying u r not his type...dnt raise ur expectations to high on dis one Jumy.
    Akan

    ReplyDelete
  11. The truth is different pple have differen priorities in a rship, for some is money, others physique n some others fame, u name it. Whether u r a plus size babe or omo lepa, love ursyf d way u r n b confident in ur look dats all u'll nid. Trust mi, d guys ll kip flocking in..... In their numbers. I'm a size 16 rite now, although I'm woeking on my weight, it has absolutely nufin 2 do wiv guys, I'm doing it simply bcos I want 2 n also cos of health.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Seriously relationship has nohin to do wit size. Before askin a girl out U av atleast seen her. Y then D sudden discomfort abt her size.

    ReplyDelete