Wednesday 6 August 2014

Friend Zoned




 Hi blogfam, hp y'all having a great week, I want to apologize for my absence from the blog, this past month was a busy one for me, but am back and its Wednesday, time for another guest blogger but I would start writing myself from next week.

Today we have a good friend of mine and also an ardent reader of the blog, she would be sharing a recent encounter. Hope you enjoy it. Have a great Wednesday.




                                                    FRIEND ZONED
 Have you ever met a dude that turned out to be everything you wanted in a man. By everything I mean he has good physique, he is fine. He just has the perfect qualities and when you thought everything was going fine, he friend zoned you and you were not given a memo you would be friend zoned. He just friend zoned you in his head.

I met this guy. Let's call him Mr Z. Mr Z is a fine, tall, fair guy I met in church. Been scoping him for a while though(yeah I know what you are thinking..scoping a dude in the house of God)but trust me everybody is guilty of my offense. So luckily for me one Sunday my family members decided not to go to church so I took public transportation to church.

After service Mr Z picked me from church and dropped me at a nearest bus-stop. You can't imagine how excited I was. But we didn't exchange numbers and I didn't see him again till he sent me a message on twitter. When I saw the message from him I practically rolled on the floor. Excitement ran through my veins. Apparently he felt the same way for me.

Went out on a couple of dates,he told me he liked me,I reciprocated the feeling, we had our first kiss and I was so sure he was the one for me. Everything fell in place. You know that feeling when you meet the perfect man. We called ourselves everyday and night and couldn't wait to see each other.
Then suddenly he became very distant. He wasn't the Mr Z I knew. He stopped calling. He practically stopped checking on me.

I thought I didn't something wrong to him because I was shocked that someone that sweet would just change for no cause. Well my ego came into the matter also and I didn't bother to ask what I did to warrant such distance. I was already falling for him. So one day I took the courage to call him. I wanted to ask him what I did wrong. As soon as he picked the call I was mute so I just told him I called to check on him and he ended the call.

I didn't want to believe I had being friend zoned. I just thought he had had a very bad week and that one day we would be fine again. Well that happened in my dreams. I have this friend, we will call her Miss T. I told her about Mr Z and I and she assured me to calm down this friend, we will call her Miss T. I told her about Mr Z and I and she assured me to calm down and that maybe he has been having bad days and that she wouldn't mind calling him to ask what went wrong.

The funny thing that Miss T called Mr Z and to my greatest surprise he told her that we were better off friends. I got friend zoned without knowing. It would have made sense if he had given me the heads up that he didn't think we would ever work. So I'm like why did we get so close, why didn't I just read the handwriting on the wall because I am so sure I saw signs since he stopped calling and keeping in touch and most importantly why didn't he have the guts to friend zone me that a third party had to get involved.

Mr Z and I are still friends though. In a way I'm glad we never dated. I guess at the end he was right. We better off as friends.

3 comments:

  1. lol eeyah sorry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoooaaa! Mr Z get mind sha but he could have just told you how he felt. I'm glad you are ok with being friends

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've realised that a lot of these guys are so immature and cowardly. A real man will tell you what's up. Smh!

    ReplyDelete