Tuesday 8 July 2014

The Very Single Guy





Hey blogfam, am soooooo sorry I have not updated in awhile, have been suffering from writer's block. So due to that literary emergency, we are going to be having guest bloggers for a few weeks and you guys can become one too. If you have a story or an issue you would like to talk about, just send the piece to my email adejumokesijuwade@gmail.com and I would put it on the blog.

So for this Wednesday, the blog is being taken over by a male friend of mine, I hope you enjoy the post.

                                                    

                                           THE VERY SINGLE GUY

We live in a world where most guys (like me) are single, while most of the ladies  are in a relationship. Then you begin to wonder who the ladies are actually dating when the guys seem to be single. Perhaps guys remain single because they want to mingle, whereas the ladies don't want to be pestered. If you have a doubt about that you could kindly go to some of your friends' profile on Facebook and see things for yourself.

Anyway, I am technically 'very single' not because I've chosen to be but because fate has made it so. Now you might be asking why I blame fate instead of myself. Relax and see where I am coming from. As a boy I grew up in the midst of girls, as in, beautiful girls; my male friends were wondering how they (the girls) found it very comfortable playing with me. To the extent that some guys may want me to hook them up with a girl.

On my part any of the female friends I try to be intimate with, will either be antagonised by the other girls or she may only want me as a friend (friend zoning things) or to see me as a brother (welcome to the brotherhood)! It baffled & still baffles me a lot that I have to ask why it happens that way. Imagine the kind of explanation I once got:
 "You are very nice and interesting, I don't find it difficult to discuss anything with you. It would be fun to be in a relationship with you but I don't want to lose you."

When I  tried to convince a babe on how I adored & cherished her, that we wouldn't lose each other, then I got a cracker:
"While in a relationship a boyfriend & a girlfriend may likely quarrel (which is normal) and may break up (that's if they failed to reconcile) and then become arch-enemies but it's hardly like that with friends."

To crown it all, I went to the Seminary and got to adulthood as one who wants to become a Rev. Father. I guess you now know what influence such formation will have in one's life .Now that I am no longer going to be a priest, I have to relate with a lady in a 'new world' & in a different way.

I had been in a relationship with a beautiful damsel but it's a pity we got separated by distance and time. I believe it's because I had always been on the road, I only got to see her during the holidays. I set her free & now she's happily married with a lovely kid and yet we are still friends.

Ladies like to be chased, I certainly don't have any problem with that because it seems to be the norm. When a lady is forming hard to get maybe because she wants to test the guy & know if he's real; but be careful so you don't treat him like a fool. There is a huge difference between being careful & being silly. You are careful when you don't give up your guard so easily.

You tend to be silly when you like a guy & yet you let him go through dehumanising ordeals just because you think by doing so you are affirming the maxim: 'Nothing good comes easy'. As you are good as a lady, so he too is good as a guy. But remember, not every guy or lady is the same, who is good is based on your choice or taste.

3 comments:

  1. Cool! I like

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice- well the issue is this. We ladies want a Goodbadguy. The fact a girl is so comfy and can tell u everything kills it. Most ladies want a sweet guy but who is also bad!. Thats why most end up dating jerks who they end up coming to cry to their bestfrnd (Good responsible guy head over heels in love with them) about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, Jumoke is single and you (Anonymous writer ) are also very single. Hook up. Or is Jummy like a sister to yo?

    ReplyDelete